Funding sources, Fundraising, Agritech, Biotech, Food tech, Business strategy, Finance & accounting, IP & Licensing, Market access, Startups, Technology transfer
I am an experienced entrepreneur and driven business growth-oriented CEO, with more than 17 years of executive, management and business development experience in agrobusiness.
In parallel to finish my PhD in 2005, I co-founded the company Iden Biotechnology (www.idenbiotechnology.com; Navarra, Spain), an biotechnological company operating in the agriculture business working in the development of biological products with biostimulant or biopesticide activity.
I have 14 years of expertise on BOD position, including President of the BOD position for 10 years and proven track record on company structuring and fund raising as well as on executing licensing and commercial agreements with international partners.
So far I have taken the responsibility for leading the implementation and execution of the overall strategic plan of the company, budget and a staff, creating trust and confidence with industrial and venture capital partners and stakeholders.
During the 14 years that span from spinning out my company from Academia to date, I have also learnt that anticipating the issues means half solving them, planning is no time wasted and implementing a process oriented management culture is the most effective way to make the team more efficient, no matter the size of the company.
I have led the company through difficult and challenging times, gaining a credible and solid foundation for future success.
I manage towards the goal, totally committed with the company vision, without losing sight of the landscape, conscious about the timing but without compromising excellence in the execution, demanding from the team but supporting and encourage self-improvement of the individuals.
As a representant of the company and stakeholder of the agribusiness, I have had the opportunity to take part as speaker in different meetings, congresses, European commission, universities and school initiatives not only about aspects related to the company’s products and technologies, but also showing the entrepreneurial experience from a female perspective. I have participated also as company representative in business associations like ASEBIO, BIOVEGEN or the Agrifood Cluster in Navarra.
As leader and entrepreneur in my company, I strive towards success, while ensuring to enjoy and learn from the journey towards it.
My strategic expertise includes:
• Business and strategic company growth plan design, implementation and execution.
• Company structure and human resources adaptation and professionalisation at different growth stages
• Company funding, including business angels, start up to series A and up to M&A process
• Funding processes management: scouting of new financial opportunities and potential shareholders, due diligence process, new shareholders integration, transaction agreements preparation and execution, shareholders agreements preparation and execution
• Financing Management, including treasury management, Tax lease and grants among others.
• Board of Directors member and President
• Board of Directors reporting and management
• Access to an extensive international top management network
• Mission and vision communication
• Team building and management
Actually I am parter of the company DnA Advisory Services Llc, based in US. At DnA Advisory, we help clients implement succesful business strategies and maintain a competitive market position. Wheter the company is seeking to complete a financing round, overhaul its R&D program and rethink the go-to-market strategy, our team of experts can serve as an additional and independent resource that the company can leverage as it grows.