Frequently Asked Questions
WHO CAN BE A BIOEXPERT?
The BioExpert Network is reserved for people with an adequate profile meaning that we authorise every new member.
If you are a healthcare professional with extensive experience in your field you are probably an expert. As a general rule, our members are:
- PhD level scientists
- Experienced Healthcare entrepreneurs
- Specialist investors
- Consultants or service providers with relevant experience
- IP lawyers
- Innovation advisors
- University technology transfer officers
WHAT KIND OF PROJECTS WILL I BE ABLE TO REVIEW?
The projects selected by Capital Cell’s team are 100% science-related. From Drug Discovery to Medical Devices, you’ll be able to sniff around all the promising projects listed on the website. To help you find the best projects for you, you will be able to filter them according to your expertise.
WHAT DOES THE REVISION PROCESS INVOLVE?
The process is really simple:
- Select a project on the website of your area of expertise
- Read the project summary and pitch deck (~ 20 slides)
- Give us feedback by grading a few key features
WILL THE ENTREPRENEUR SEE MY COMMENTS?
One of the key ways Capital Cell can contribute to the life science community is by providing expert opinion to improve their business model. Transparency is very important for us and our model is to give the entrepreneur all the information we obtain from the community.
HOW DOES THE REWARD SYSTEM WORKS?
Every time you review a project, you will earn an investment credit worth 50€.
Once you have accumulated enough credits (you need a minimum of 500€, or 10 reviews), you will be able to use them to investment in companies that are fundraising with Capital Cell through our BioExpert Network Investment Credits Plan.
HOW CAN I USE MY CREDITS?
To use your credits, you should:
- Browse the ongoing campaigns at Capital Cell
- Choose a company you want to invest in
- Fill out this form indicating the company and the number of credits you want to invest (minimum of 500€)
- Sign an agreement with Capital Cell when the public campaign ends
- Wait for an exit event of the company to receive your percentage of the earnings
More info, here
WHEN DO I SIGN THE INVESTMENT CREDIT AGREEMENT?
The Investment Credit agreement between you and Capital Cell will be signed when the company’s public campaign on Capital Cell’s platform ends. You can check the campaign closing dates here.
Once the public campaign has closed, we will contact you to sign the agreement, and update your credit status on your BioExpert Network profile.
HOW DO YOU GET INVESTMENT CREDITS?
You get 1 investment credit every time you review a project.
Growing the network:
You get 1 investment credit every time an expert from your own network becomes a BioExpert and reviews a project for the first time.
DO MY CREDITS EXPIRE?
Didn’t find the answer?
There is REAL HUMAN SUPPORT behind this cool website.
Just ask us your question and we will be happy to answer you ASAP!