it’s time to get funded
You focus on the science; we’ll provide the money.
Behind the scenes, we’ve been analysing you and your proposal – your business model, team, financial projections, scientific merit, communication and presence, branding, maturity and investability.
Here’s our proposal to you:
The good news is we think your proposal is really interesting and your area of research is cool and innovative.
The great news is we’d like to help you raise the funds you need to succeed.
Here’s what we
do for you
Share your investment opportunity with a targeted, segmented database of 10,000+ investors
Support your campaign and build exposure amongst “the crowd” with bespoke online interactions
Take care of all the tedious paperwork whilst you celebrate your success
Here’s how we do it
We treat each campaign differently, creating and managing a unique marketing strategy for each company.
It’s probably why our current success rate is 80%!
BioExpert Network Review
Your pitch deck was shared with and reviewed by our network of 500+ PhD level scientists, physicians, IP lawyers, consultants and investment professionals. They have rated your project based on various parameters, including: the scientific validity, team expertise, route to market, valuation and investability.
This is the “at a glance” information, but don’t worry, we’ve produced an all encompassing report for you with detailed responses, individual comments and expert recommendations.
Capital Cell analysis
About the rates: Using our unique algorithm we have carefully analysed your business and proposed project. We’ve performed due diligence of the financials you’ve provided, analysed the credibility of your scientific research and assessed the readiness of your company in terms of your corporate branding, public presence and active communication channels.
About the Recommendations: Capital Cell is completely aligned with you – we want a smooth, fast, successful campaign with a reasonable capital acquisition cost. The Capital Cell fee includes many things, but there are some extras that will make your campaign a guaranteed success. If these recommendations are followed, your chances of a successful raise are close to 100%.
“The feedback about this project has been positive and it is going to be perceived as a good opportunity. Some factors need to be improved or clarified, but I believe you are in a good position to fundraise.”
The project seems on the right regulatory track
The project seems to be ready from a business strategy point of view
The company’s structure is not final but would be perceived to be in the right track. Engaging a professional consultant to accelerate and generate trust with investors would be advisable.
“Your channels to communicate with investors are very limited at present. You will need to seek professional help to grow interest in your opportunity.”
Target specific investor groups with paid digital advertising
Target market: the interest you will receive from mid-to-large ticket investors will be significant, as well as the crowd, given your area of product development.
* Identify and target relevant angel and core investors, as well as industry related investors, using paid digital advertising such as Google Adwords and LinkedIn ads.
* Identify retail investors who are philanthropically engaged with Facebook advertising, based on interests.
Plan and implement a social media content strategy for the campaign
Social Media: The suitable channels to communicate your campaign are either only mildly active, or do not yet exist.
* Plan and share a schedule of high quality industry content and campaign activity, utilising popular platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Use testimonials to increase interest
Recommendations: Investors will need to build trust in you, your company and the lead investors to join the round.
* Gain testimonials from your lead investors or high profile industry experts to boost the opinion of your brand and offering.
“Whatever your company’s scientific merits, it currently projects a poor corporate image. I would strongly suggest improving your branding and public presence before starting a fundraising campaign.”
Seek professional assistance with press and media
Public presence: we have found that your public presence is not as strong as it could be, and that does influence investors’ perceptions of your company.
* We strongly suggest seeking professional assistance for this campaign to run press releases and boost your profile.
Build investor relationships with appropriate association leaders
Partnerships and affiliations: your campaign will greatly benefit from introductions to industry-specific professionals and association leaders. Not only are they potential core investors, they can in turn introduce your company and funding round to larger networks of retail investors.
* You should build on existing relationships as well as form new relationships with the leaders of appropriate associations.
* Communicating with wider groups of philanthropically engaged crowd investors, support groups and associations could greatly increase your chances of gaining crowd investment.
Produce a short, sharable promotional video
Corporate video: Although it is not essential, using a video to promote your campaign, particularly on social media and to support paid advertising, can be hugely advantageous.
* Create a short 30-60 second video which can be used to promote your company and funding round.
The company’s financial prospects seem reasonable, but some information is missing and more detail will be required to secure investment. I suggest you spend some time reviewing this before launching a campaign.”
The company’s financials are in good shape and will generate trust with the investors
Exit prospects and profitability seem excellent.
The valuation seems to be attractive to investors
“Most people can see the potential of your project. It is simply and clearly presented but will require some clarification in areas; you can find more detail on this in the BioExpert Network report.”
From my perspective, there are no major hurdles to launching the campaign.
You focus on the science; we’ll provide the money.
We’re confident that your campaign will receive great traction, given the support it needs to reach investors.
Working with Marketing and PR agencies can be very costly, so we’re willing to work with you to help you raise the funds you need.
We’ll do this not only at a more affordable price, but also on a success-fee basis.
Our marketing services are offered to you as an additional 1.5% add-on fee, which is only payable in the event that your campaign closes successfully. We’ll take your campaign into our hands and give it the exposure it needs.
We are pleased to propose you to go forward with listing on Capital Cell, in parallel with your existing search for investors we are confident in helping you to secure funding in a reasonable time frame.
The BioExpert Network report suggests that your proposal has been positively received. You scored ≥7/10 for the team, science and business model parameters, and 7.4/10 for the overall chance of success, which is very encouraging.
Overall, we believe the company will be perceived as a good investment opportunity by an informed investor base. We do strongly recommend that you work with an external marketing agency to assist with generating traction for your campaign. The chances of a successful raise for a campaign of this size are greater with professional support. Capital Cell UK can connect you with a number of agencies who offer a range of packages, including those with a success-based fee.
Against that background, the recommended round strategy would be:
– Circulating the Syntropharma investment opportunity among our network of VCs and HNWIs.
– Listing Syntropharma in the ‘Discover’ section of Capital Cell to allow us time to circulate the opportunity among sophisticated, specialised investors, and thus grow interest. Within ‘Discover’ investors can pledge money or interest to build traction in the campaign.
– Concurrently we will work with you (and potentially an external marketing agency) on developing the marketing to appeal to a wider, less specialised audience.
– After posting on ‘Discover, as soon as additional traction has been established for the campaign and around £500 000 of the fundraising total remains outstanding, transition over to ‘Invest’ to close the round.
Looking through the individual comments in the BioExpert Network report may offer opportunities to improve your pitch for an active campaign.
• Some additional detail as to the justification of your pricing strategy, eg, incremental benefit over existing formulations.
• Are you able to comment on the manufacture and supply chain- are these elements planned for commercial launch.
• If there are any early efficacy data in existing users that would go some way to reassure potential investors.
Estimated time for completion:
• 10 days for preparation
• 15-45 days for “Discover” (pre-campaign), or until £500 000 remains.
• 30-45 days for “Invest” (campaign), or until 100% complete, whichever is faster.
• 10-15 days for finalising the paperwork.
The actual time will depend very much on the actual response of investors, but these estimates are based on our experience with previous campaigns.
Based on the information you have provided, we would suggest the following bespoke campaign for Syntropharma:
• Total round size: £6 000 000
o Commitment from existing shareholders / investors: £2 000 000
o Suggested minimum ticket: £250
• Suggested structure: nominee structure or SPV
Listing fee: £750
• should any person or organisation whom Capital Cell has introduced to Syntropharma invest money outside the site then a fee of 5% of monies invested shall be payable.
• if the investment is made through the site, the schedule of fees shall be 7.5% of investment made on campaigns up to the value of £500 000, 6% of investment made on campaigns with a value £500 000- £1 000 000 and 5% on campaigns over £1 000 000.
This will only be payable if your campaign is successful.